International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2014, Polen
Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2014, takes place August 4th, 2014 through August 16th, 2014
§1 Course Information
1. The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2014, is a fee-based programme where participants selected by the organizers attend workshops, lectures and individual lessons conducted in English by: Ivan Fedele, Paweł Hendrich, Zygmunt Krauze, Paul Patterson, Kaija Saariaho and Chen Yi.
2. To qualify for the registration process, all applicants should hold at least a Bachelor of Music degree (or its equivalent) in composition and be under thirty-five years of age.
3. The maximum number of participants in the course is 25.
§2 Selection of Participants
1. Candidates interested in participating are required to submit a completed application form available at the official website: www.synthetis.pl and a Curriculum Vitae (which includes a list of the candidate’s major compositions). A score representative of the applicant’s compositions may be attached in an electronic version (this is optional).
2. Application deadline: May 30th, 2014.
3. The organizers will select 25 participants. The final list of course participants will be announced at the course’s official website no later than June 4th, 2014.
4. Application forms sent in hard copy will not be considered.
5. Personal information submitted by applicants in the registration process will remain private. The organizers declare that no personal information concerning an applicant will be disclosed to any third party.
§3 General terms
1. The International Summer Course for Composers, SYNTHETIS 2014, takes place August 4th, 2014 through August 16th, 2014. The course’s schedule will be available at the official website: www.synthetis.pl.
2. Participation in the Course is fee-based:
Fee for Polish participants – 1,800 PLN
Fee for foreign participants – 950 EUR
3. The cost of the course includes:
- accommodation in the Radziejowice Palace (rooms for 2 or 3 persons).
- three meals a day
- lectures, workshops and other events organized during the course.