SWEDISH Fellowship Program
ISPA's Swedish Fellowship Program will provide four early or mid-career leaders from Sweden's performing arts community access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world's most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals. Please be aware in considering your application that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market. This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the performing arts.
The Swedish Fellowship Program seeks to engage three leaders working in a music-related capacity (funded by Musikverket), and one leader working in dance, theatre or music (funded by Svensk Scenkonst). All participants should be based in Sweden, and be interested in developing their career through an extended engagement with ISPA.
In the first year of the program selected applicants will receive:
- 2015 ISPA membership including access to all member benefits
- One full pass registration to the New York 2015 ISPA Congress, Dynamic Leadership: Creating the Future (January 12-15, 2015, which includes a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress)
- One full pass registration to the Malmö/Copenhagen 2015 ISPA Congress (May 25th – 30th, 2015 which includes a two-day arts management program)
- 4,175 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending both the New York 2015 and Malmö/Copenhagen 2015 Congresses
Pending a successful annual review, candidates will be eligible to participate for up to two more years.
In year two, participants will receive a full pass registration to the New York 2016 ISPA Congress (January 11-14, 2016, again including a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress), 2,375 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses in related to attending the Congress, and 2016 ISPA Membership. Pending another successful review, participants can participate again in 2017. In the third year participants will receive the same benefits as listed for year two of the program. Dates for the New York 2017 Congress will take place January 9th – 12th, 2017.
Who Should Apply?
Performing arts professionals working in music who are deeply committed to advancing the field in a global context are most likely to benefit from the program. Those who take initiative in their professional development and enjoy engaging with a diverse group of individuals will be most successful in the program. Music producers either working with an organization or freelance/independent are encouraged to apply. Applicants should meet the following criteria listed below:
- Permanent resident or citizen of Sweden
- Currently working in the performing arts
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts
- Not currently a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in ISPA for the next three years, including the Fellowship orientation and arts management Seminar held prior to the Congresses. (Download a copy of 2014 Seminar Day Program for reference)
Accepted Fellows should be prepared to complete a post-congress survey.
To apply to the Swedish Fellowship Program, you must first download the Application Instructions http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.ispa.org/resource/resmgr/fellows/ispa_2015_...
- Program deadlines and criteria
- Digital application instructions
- Application questions so you may prepare your application in advance
- Information regarding the additional materials required in the digital application
Please note there is only one digital application for all Regional Fellowship programs. You will need to select "Swedish Fellowship Program" from the drop down menu at the start of the application to indicate which program you are applying for.
Applicants must apply via the digital application by September 15th, 2014 18:00 EDT. This deadline will not be extended, and late submissions will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Musikverket and ISPA staff/board. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by November 7th, 2014.
There is no fee to submit an ISPA Fellowship application.
Questions? Contact Nicole Merritt at email@example.com or 1 212 206 8490 x201.