ÖGZM - Call for Works, open to composers of all ages and nationalities
The ÖGZM - Österreichische Gesellschaft für zeitgenössische Musik (en: Austrian Society for Contemporary Music) is announcing a call for works, seeking electro-acoustic compositions with or without instruments (see "guidelines" for details). The call is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
Four compositions will be selected from the submitted works by a jury. The four selected works will receive two performances in Vienna and Graz (Austria) in spring 2019 within the framework of OEGZM´s electronic concert series CROSSTALKS. The composers of the selected works will be announced via e-mail and on the OEGZM Website at the beginning of March 2019.
1. Instrumentation: 2 categories: a) saxophone (available instruments: soprano, tenor, baritone sax.) and/or double bass plus live electronics or playback b) fixed media. NOTE: All works of (a) must contain an electronic part - either live electronics or playback (fixed media). The maximum number of channels is 4.
2. Submitted pieces may be no longer than 11 minutes duration. A minimum duration of 3 minutes would be appreciated, but is not mandatory.
3. Submissions are due by 31.01.2019 midnight. Composers may submit one work per category (= max. 2 works).
4. The material for the jury - scores (*pdf) and/or playback, fixed media, audio material in stereo and *mp3 only - must be submitted via Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or a similar download link without expiring date, sent to office(at)oegzm.at before the deadline. We are sorry that scores on paper and sound files on CD, flash drive and other hardware media cannot be accepted.
5. The use of video is possible by means of video beamer + screen, which will be provided on request.
6. A short biography in English (running text, max. 2000 figures including spaces; *pdf) is required.
7. Submissions must contain the following information: Composer´s full name, date and place of birth, full current address, e-mail address and telephone number (including country calling code). NOTE: This Call for Works is not anonymous.
8. There is no submission fee.
If you have any questions, please contact us via our e-mail address office(at)oegzm.at