Exit 128 Chamber Orchestra - Call for Scores/Commission Opportunity
Exit 128 Chamber Orchestra is now accepting submissions for the 2015-16 concert season. We are accepting both previously composed works and are seeking to commission new works for the ensemble. Selected composers will have their works performed at one of four concerts and will also receive a digital recording of their piece!
Guidelines for Submission - Previously Composed Pieces:
- There are no age or nationality restrictions, but this call for scores is intended to provide performances and recordings for emerging composers.
- Submission is free!
- The work should be scored for at least 10 of the following: flute(picc), oboe(English horn), clarinet(E-flat clarinet, bass clarinet), bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, piano, percussion(1), violin I, violin II, viola, cello, bass.
- Submissions with scoring beyond the above one-to-a-part instrumentation will be accepted, but may be harder for us to program.
- A composer may submit multiple scores.
- Preference will be given to unperformed works, though works with a performance history are more than welcome.
- Please submit a PDF score, recording (live or MIDI), program notes (with performance history), and a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2015. Selected composers will be notified by June 15, 2015.
Guidelines for Submission - Commissioning Program:
- Same as above, no age or nationality restrictions, and submission is free.
- Please submit three PDF scores and recordings (live or MIDI) that you think are exemplary of your best work to email@example.com by June 1, 2015. Selected composers will be notified by June 15, 2015.
- Submissions for both the Call for Scores and the Commissioning Program are due by June 1, 2015.
- Selected composers will be notified by June 15, 2015.
- We will select up to four composers to program for the 2015-16 season and reserve the right to choose none.
Questions may be directed to Travis Herd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 1 Jun 2015
Entry Fee: 0.00