3rd INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2014.e'
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. More than one score per composer is permitted
3. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or recorded
1. Composition for classic string quartet
2. Orchestration: 2 Violins,Viola,Violoncello
3. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 3.500 € and the concert performance by The Arditti Quartet (www.ardittiquartet.co.uk)on 39th Samobor Music Festival The
Second Prize – 1.500 €
The Third Prize – 500 €
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
1. The winning composition will be performed on October 7, 2014, at a concert by The Arditti Quartet, organised by the Samobor Music Festival. The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 20, 2014.
3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 15, 2014. The winner will be invited to come to Samobor Music Festival composition performance on October 7, 2014, at the Festival's expense.
4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition Croatia 2014". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
The Entry fee for participants is 70€ for each score.