Casey Moir | Föreningen svenska tonsättare
Casey Moir is an Australian born, Swedish based vocal-artist, improviser, and composer of experimental music. Intrigued by unconventional sounds and extended techniques, the investigation into the multitude of sounding possibilities of the voice is central to her artistic practice. She also has a keen interest in discovering the sounding capabilities of objects, and the concept of space and room working often with the creation of spatial experiences.
With a Bachelor of Improvisation (2011) and a Master of Experimental Composition (2021) from the Academy of Music and Drama, Gothenburg, Sweden, she works both in the field of improvisation and experimental music as performer and composer.
* Eight Objects, 15min, for solo performer, fixed-media, objects and performance, based on selected texts of Gertrude Stein (from Objects in Tender Buttons), premiered 10/2-2022
* Gertrude - This Happened, 32min, for 5 voices, movement, objects and room, based on the complete texts of Gertrude Stein's play What Happened, premiered 3/12-2021 by Viva Vocal Ensemble.
* Whisperings, min. 15min, for many voices, movement and room, premiered 3/12-2021 by Viva Vocal Ensemble and guests.
* MN, ca.15min, for solo voice and effect pedals, premiered 28/9-2021.
* Boulevard, ca.15min, for solo voice, premiered 28/9-2021.
* Modulations, ca.15min, for 3-8 voices and room, 2021.
* Crackle Crunch Climate, 13min, for objects, fixed-media, violin, cello, zither and room, premiered 30/9-2020 by Curious Chambers Players.
*Virus, 4.57min, soud poetry for fixed media, premiered 7/6-2020
* Rotations and Slides, 13min, for solo percussion, objects, effect pedals, spatialisation patches and 8 loudspeakers, premiered 14/1-2020.
* Outside In, 31min, for 4 voices with effect pedals, 1 live electronics player and 12 loudspeakers, premiered 21/11-2019.